- Multi Use Trail Girdwood Trail – Biking, Hiking, & Cross Country Ski Trail in Girdwood
- Learn more about Biking the Lower Iditarod Trail in Girdwood Below
- Flat for most of the way – Two bridges and a couple boardwalks
- Can be muddy in spots after lots of rain
- The Lower Iditarod Trail follows the river from the Girdwood Forest Fair Park all the way to the train tracks by the Tesoro/Seward Highway
- One way is about 1.5 miles
- To get to the trailhead park at the Girdwood Forest Fair Park and follow the dirt road in the back. This will lead you to the Lower Iditarod trailhead.
The Lower Iditarod Trail – Girdwood Bike Trails
EASY | HARD TAIL | FULL SUSPENSION | FAT TIRE | MULTI USE
This is a great introductory trail for mountain biking with only about 100 feet of elevation change. Depending on the year you’ll run into some muddy spots but it’s a great spot to gain confidence with it. There are two bridges, with one slightly more advanced then the other.