Lower Iditarod Trail
Girdwood Trails - Bike, Hike or Run
- Multi-Use Trail Girdwood Trail – Biking, Hiking, & Cross Country Ski Trail in Girdwood
- Flat for most of the way – Two bridges and a couple of boardwalks
- The Lower Iditarod Trail follows the river from the Girdwood Forest Fair Park all the way to the train tracks by the Tesoro/Seward Highway
- One way is about 1.5 miles
- To get to the trailhead park at the Girdwood Forest Fair Park and follow the dirt road in the back. This will lead you to the Lower Iditarod trailhead.
We suggest parking at the Girdwood Forest Fair Park and biking down the dirt road. There is only enough space for 1-2 cars to park at the end of the cold-a-sac.
BIKing this TRAIL
This is a great introductory trail for mountain biking with only about 100 feet of elevation change. Depending on the year you’ll run into some muddy spots but it’s a great spot to gain confidence with it.
You can ride this trail there and back or pick a different trail for the way back – via the Girdwood Bike Path or if you’re an experienced rider take the Beaver Pond Trail.