Girdwood Campground – Summer Only
Girdwood Parks & Recreation offers tent camping in the summer at the Forest Fair Campground. The campground is open from May through September for camping.
- $10 per space per night
- 18 rustic tent camping sites – available on first come, first-served basis
- 14 nigh Maximum Stay
- Use the Bear proof food lockers, and pick up your trash!
- After selecting a space, proceed to the payment kiosk to make payment for the site
For the benefit of all campers we ask that patrons obey the following rules:
- The use of fireworks and firearms of any type are not allowed in city parks.
- Pets must be leashed or confined at all times and must not disturb other campers. Please clean up after your pet – doo your duty, scoop the poop.
- Use bear-proof food lockers! Do not keep food stored in your tent or outside in a cooler.
- Discard garbage in the bear-proof trash containers provided.
- Respect wildlife. Don’t put yourself, others, or them in jeopardy because of your actions.
- Children must be supervised by parents at all times.
- All vehicles must remain on roads or in parking lots at all times.
- Maximum of two vehicles per campsite are allowed.
- Quiet time begins at 10 p.m. nightly. Minimize noise or other disturbances in order to maintain the serenity of the park.
- Check-out time is 12:00 Noon
Directions Girdwood Campground:
To reach the campground, take Alyeska Highway and turn east on Egloff Drive. Follow Egloff Drive past the Glacier City Hall building, Girdwood Fire Department and Ball Field. The Girdwood Campground is located just past the Ball Field.