- Girdwood Parks and Recreation provides recreational opportunities within the 120 acre area at the base of the valley for the town of Girdwood.
- Adult and children recreational opportunities
- Girdwood Parks and Recreation oversees:
- 10 parks
- The Town Square
- Soft Ball Field
- Soccer Field
- Awesome Modern Children’s Playground (with a “tot lot”)
- Newly updated tennis courts
- Modern Skate park with rails and ramps
- Disc Golf Course
- Two sheltered park pavilions (with picnic table underneath)
Excerpt from Girdwood Parks and Recreation’s Website:
“Girdwood’s parks and trails share borders with Chugach State Park and Chugach National Forest. Girdwood Parks and Recreation manages the Girdwood park facilities, trails, and campground.
Within the area, there are 13 miles of established trails to explore, and many other unofficial and seasonal use trails. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities, from hiking and biking to show shoeing and cross-country skiing. Our numerous trails offer a variety of distance and terrain, and all trails offer the possibility of wildlife sightings.One of the unique gems of the Girdwood trails is the Winner Creek Hand Tram, which spans high above Winner Creek, and is open only during the summer months. Click here to link to the Girdwood Summer Trails Map and the Girdwood Winter Trails Map.”